Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Adventure Begins...

I picked up O'Reilly on Wednesday from Bergin University!



We took the day easy in order to start our bonding process. Not to mention I was still pretty tired from the 7 hour drive I had made the day before. Last I checked, the best way to recover from a long drive is with puppy snuggles.


On Thursday we headed to the beach! Dillon Beach is an awesome, off-leash dog beach. Dozens of friendly dogs chase balls, romp in the waves and socialize with one another.
O'Reilly, on the other paw, had another plan for the day:



As Thursday was for the dogs, my friend Ann and I had a human-pleasing plan for Friday: Korbel Champagne Cellar/Winery tour and tastings!




We humans enjoyed the informative tour and, of course, the complimentary champagne tastings! O'Reilly was still very tired from the beach the day before, so he took the opportunity to nap at every chance possible. Even if that meant having his nose a little too close for comfort to his buddy, Zoom.



Saturday was our day to head home. We met up with my AIDS/Lifecycle brother and sister, Will and Kat, in San Francisco at an awesome Flagging in the Park event at the gorgeous National AIDS Memorial Grove in Golden Gate Park. O'Reilly loved watching the flags, meeting new human and doggy friends, and munching on the delicious grass!



We were finally going home after a very eventful couple of days. 
The 6+ hour drive was very tough on O'Reilly...


Ha! It was a good thing he slept for most of the trip as he was greeted by his three siblings who were very ready to play! Hunter, Harry, Brooklyn and O'Reilly played for about an hour and a half before all four were knocked out and ready for bed. O'Reilly slept great through the night in his crate and was ready to play with his new siblings this morning!

Tomorrow we are meeting my friends in LA for a late dinner and have many plans for this week and month! I can honestly say that I already adore O'Reilly and truly look forward to all of our fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and can't wait to read more. Give big man O a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha cambridge girl = Korine I did not realize I was going to post as my old blog I created but never did anything with.

    ReplyDelete